Chia Pudding with Fruit, Nuts and Seeds.
1/2 cup of chia seeds, toppings of your choice (I had 1/2 banana, blueberries, 1 apricot, almonds, cashews, pumpkin and flax seeds as well as some dried cranberries.
- soak the chia seeds in water or milk of your choice for at least 2h (I usually do it over night)
- top with your favorite fruit, nuts, seeds
tip: you can also add honey, maple syrup or any other natural sweetener if you like 🙂
1 cup of (gluten free) oats, again: fruit, nuts and seeds of your choice (I used honey melon, apple, blueberries, banana, almonds, cashews, flaxseeds… you can go a little crazy if you like…)
- soak oats overnight or cook them in the morning (1 cup oats, 2 cups water/milk). If you prepare them that way they are much easier to digest and thus better for you 🙂
- top with your favorite fruit, nuts and seeds, ad sweetener if you need to (I usually find that if I soak them in rice milk and add a banana they are sweet enough)
tip: add cinnamon and/or vanilla extract for more deliciousness 🙂
Glutenfree Blueberry and Banana Pancakes
2 cups of chestnut flour, water or milk of your choice (I used rice milk), shredded coconut, honey/agave or maple syrup, blueberries and bananas, coconut oil or a non-stick pan 🙂
- mix the flour with water or milk and whisk it until it is smooth and easy to pour like pancake batter
- Let it sit for about 15-20 mins. Cut up your bananas in the meantime.
- pre-heat some coconut oil in the pan and then carefully add the batter. Make sure the flame is on medium to high heat and watch the pancakes while they cook. You can either make a bunch of smaller ones or 2 big ones, however you like.
- flip them over when the bottom of the pancake is cooked enough so you can slide it off the pan (if that makes sense haha) tip: if you can’t flip it in the air put it on a plate first and then flip it on the other side. And don’t be scared if you need a lot of coconut oil, the batter absorbs a lot of it while it cooks and coconut oil is really good for you so there is no harm indulging here.
- Once they are all done and ready you can start topping them with your bananas and blueberries, some honey and shredded coconut. Or any other toppings of your choice, I really like strawberries or warm raspberries as well.
tip: Though chestnut works best you can also use almond or coconut flour or even blended oats. With these other flours though you might need to add eggs, chia seeds or a mashed banana to improve the texture and to make them easier to cook. Make sure the better is not too runny or to thick, maybe just try making one smaller pancake first and then adjust the mixture if you need to 🙂