I keep thinking that nothing changes.
And the feeling of being stuck SUCKS, right?
Sometimes I catch myself thinking that I still have sooo many issues, my health isn’t were I want it to be, there’s so much more I want to work on, so much I want to let out and write about and in my head I feel like the only way I can really change and heal is in aloneness and silence.
Which might be true but since there is no way (or at least not now) of doing that and having that space, time and aloneness in my life I got thinking:
‘What if the biggest change lies in the moment?’
What if change lies in our day-to-day lives and the little things that we decide to do differently one day?
And then we slowly, very slowly adapt and new patterns evolve. In a very subtle, almost unnoticeable way.
And then a year later we go ‘FUCK. I can’t believe how much has changed. Wow.’
Let me give you an example from my life.
If I look back to a year ago, October, 2016.
- I was in a very bad place mentally. I had a broken heart, felt alone and misunderstood and had no future perspective whatsoever
- I decided not to start University because of personal and health issues
- I was still smoking daily and drinking weekly
- I had no plan for my future
NOW, a year later:
- I quit smoking
- I am much happier
- I am studying
- I am doing a huge detox and my health & fitness are constantly improving
- I am doing a self-development course
- I traveled to new places, I visited friends and had a great summer
- I am spending more time with family than I ever have
- I train almost every single day, I eat healthier and mostly plant-based
…and so on.
Yeah, I am still me, I am still in Germany, I still don’t have a lot of money and not everything is perfect BUT:
SO MUCH HAS CHANGED!
Things are constantly changing and again: good things take time.
It’s an old, annoying saying, but it’s so true.
All is changing, constantly.
So what if the best way to make a change and improve your life was just to make SMALL decisions and small changes, each and every day instead of trying to force yourself to do it all different by tomorrow?
We’ve all heard or said these things before:
- Tomorrow I’ll do my homework.
- I’ll start going to the gym next Monday.
- I’ll quit smoking next month.
No. We need to start RIGHT NOW and make the decision to do so IMMEDIATELY.
Make the decision in the morning to be productive today.
Decide to workout.
Decide that the next time you look in the mirror you will say to yourself:
‘I AM ENOUGH. I AM BEAUTIFUL. I AM STRONG.’
The thoughts you think and the decisions you make –
they change EVERYTHING.
I decided that I was not going to move to Berlin to study this fall semester (for multiple reasons that I won’t go deeper into now) and I had NO IDEA whatsoever what I was gonna do instead. I just knew that I made the right decision.
And now I found an online course that I really enjoy, I found a way to study really inexpensively and to get a degree in a field that interests me.
As mentioned above, I am also currently doing a Detox Program (which I will talk about more in the future) and it has helped me so much with issues like allergies, sleep and skin problems, overall health and wellness.
The next one might be a bit controversial but I also did some energy work/healing which I found absolutely amazing and I’ve just been feeling better and better since then.
I am ALSO doing another online course about self-development, blogging and overcoming fears and limiting beliefs.
AND I am going on a trip to LA next month.
If you would’ve told me this only 2 months ago I would’ve been like ‘Haha, you’re funny. I can’t do that, I don’t have the money. I’m all by myself and also: who the hell am I to go on a trip like that?!’
Well, I am Eva Kaiser and I’m going to LA next month!
And literally all the above came up within a week after making the decision.
side note about the money part:
To be honest, yes, traveling across the pond and doing all the things I mentioned can definitely get a bit expensive but this is the way I see it:
A couple of years ago I used to spend money on alcohol, cigarettes and parties that I never enjoyed anyways, I spent money on material things that brought me nothing but short-term satisfaction. Now I’m investing in myself and my future. In valuable education. And really when you think about it – money is easily accessible and everywhere around us.
The more you earn, the more you spend, the more you earn again.
Millions of people are living an abundant life without a worry about money. What makes us think we can’t do the same?
I could continue on and on but I won’t bore you with the details – fact is I made a decision and since then everything has worked out in my favor and more and more opportunities and possibilities are coming my way.
Because I listened to my intuition and I took action.
I told everyone I was going to start studying anyways and then move abroad without knowing what, when or how and here I am. Studying and moving abroad in less than 3 months.
The secret is real, you guys.
I’ve come to the conclusion over the past few days that there’s plenty of ingredients that lead you to success and changing your life but these two should not be underestimated:
- Never ever stop. I’m not saying you have to overwork yourself and hustle 24/7 and go crazy in the meantime. But you just NEVER GIVE UP. You make the conscious decision to never give up until you get to where you want to be. Take your time, take breaks, get off track and back on, do whatever you like but just NEVER. GIVE. UP.
- Knowing and surrounding yourself with the right people. I would never be who and where I am today without the people who always have my back and support me every step along the way. I feel like people underestimate how powerful having the right network can be all the time. Literally, you have to go out of comfort zone and meet people. Talk to people. Reach out to them. You can always find like-minded people online as well if you can’t yet find them in real life.I have messaged bloggers, actors, coaches and most of them were happy to talk and answer my questions! Some of them didn’t even reply because they either never saw my message, they might be too busy or not interested but that’s okay too!The right people will answer.
But first of all you have to be courageous and just talk to people.
Ask questions, get to know them. Learn from people who know more than you do. Learn from people who are where you want to be. And I can promise you this right now:
Everything gets easier when you know the right people.
side note: a few ways I found the right people, support network and resources was just by simply researching (it can be fun, trust me).
Facebook groups can be a great resource, there’s literally a group for everything and everyone. Or you can type your question/issue/dream into google and see what you find. You can look for hashtags on Instagram, watch YouTube videos or do free trainings in different areas that interest you. And then find the person behind it or multiple people who are in charge, find their email or contact form and reach out to them (obviously someone with over 1 Million subscribers is less likely to reply to you but you will be surprised how many actually do read and reply to messages) and ask whatever it is you need to know; they might be able to help or forward you to someone who is.
That’s it for now my friends, good luck and remember, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain and the only failure is to never even try.
Lots of love,
Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.